HAR files contain sensitive data!
- content of the pages you downloaded while recording
- your cookies, which will allow anyone with the HAR file to impersonate your account
- all the information that you submitted while recording: personal details, passwords, credit card numbers...
How to generate the HAR file with Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- Open the Developer Tools from the menu (Menu > Tools > developer tools)
- Click on the Network tab
- Look for a round Record button in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box next to Preserve log.
- Click the Clear button to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Now try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Save the capture by right-clicking on the grid and choosing "Save as HAR with Content"
How to generate the HAR file with Firefox 41
- Start Firefox Developer Tools in Network mode (Top right menu > Developer > Network, or ctrl-shift-Q)
- Reproduce the issue
- Save the capture by right-clicking on the grid and choosing "Save all as HAR"
- Export the capture to a HAR file